- function: Callable[[DataFrame], DataFrame],
- predicate_pushdown: bool = True,
- projection_pushdown: bool = True,
- slice_pushdown: bool = True,
- no_optimizations: bool = False,
- schema: None | SchemaDict = None,
- validate_output_schema: bool = True,
- streamable: bool = False,
Apply a custom function.
Deprecated since version 0.19.0: This method has been renamed to
Lambda/ function to apply.
Allow predicate pushdown optimization to pass this node.
Allow projection pushdown optimization to pass this node.
Allow slice pushdown optimization to pass this node.
Turn off all optimizations past this point.
Output schema of the function, if set to
Nonewe assume that the schema will remain unchanged by the applied function.
It is paramount that polars’ schema is correct. This flag will ensure that the output schema of this function will be checked with the expected schema. Setting this to
Falsewill not do this check, but may lead to hard to debug bugs.
Whether the function that is given is eligible to be running with the streaming engine. That means that the function must produce the same result when it is executed in batches or when it is be executed on the full dataset.